Waukesha YES Program
Youth Enhanced Support (YES) Program
The Youth Enhanced Support (YES) Program targets City of Waukesha students who are beginning to exhibit issues with attendance and/or behavior at school. The goal is to work with the school-referred student and their family to identify and resolve the student’s barriers to school success in order to prevent the filing of a truancy petition.
The YES Program provides the following services:
- Caseworker is available 24/7 to students and their families to provide support and monitoring in school, at home, and in the community.
- Provides detailed reports to the referring school.
- Ratio of Caseworker to youth is1 to 15.
- Caseworker is accessible via cell phone 24/7.
- Caseworker meets with students in a variety of locations to see that they are supported in their school environment and home environment, as well as in their community, as appropriate.
- The YES Program was newly created in 2017 and is based upon other WCS juvenile programs that successfully address at-risk youth behaviors.
- The YES Program is funded through support from the United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha County.